Lead Capture pages - sometimes called Landing Pages - are used to convert website visitors into leads by collecting contact information from them.
Landing pages are your digital sales reps that work 24/7. Converting unknown visitors to known leads provides you the necessary information to begin nurturing a relationship.
6 must-have elements of an effective lead capture page:
- Image or Video
- Remove Navigation
- Social Share
Landing pages are the heart of the lead conversion process. Their sole purpose is to convert website visitors to leads. It promotes visitors to fill out a form with their information in order to get it. Landing pages work because they're based on a value exchange.
Here are the 6 must-have elements:
1. Killer Headlines
Write clear, concise, compelling headlines that are persuasive. Examples include:
- Free Trial
- Free Download
2. Brief Description of the Offer
Explain the offer and it's value in 1-5 sentances. It's always good to start with a question that they may have and describe how the offer will help.
- Ask them a question(s)
- Explain the value proposition
- Include bullet points
3. Supporting Image or Video
Offers with images or videos have higher conversion rates. They can actually see what they will be getting.
- Include at least one image or video
- Image/video should depict what the offer is
- Place above the fold
Most importantly is the form to capture leads
- Form length to mirror the value of the offer
- All fields listed do not need to be required (*)
- Use a descriptive word(s) for them to "submit" the form
5. Remove Navigation
There should be no menu or navigation links. No distractions to take them away from the offer.
- Remove main website navigation menu - Home | About Us | Blog | Etc.
- Remove website footer navigation
- Remove company logo navigation to the home page if setup